Friday, April 6, 2012

Top 5 Things To Consider Before Buying A Kettlebell

When I first started using kettlebells years ago, I didn't believe there was a real difference between the different manufacturers of the kettlebell.


Well, after a few rounds of some snatches and getting my hands tore up real bad, I knew better.  In a matter of 4-5 minutes I had formed 3 blisters on my right hand a another blister on my left hand.  They were quite painful.  The real frustrating aspect of getting your hands tore up is that you really are inhibiting your training using kettlebells until your hands heal.

I realized then that the brand of kettlebell does make a difference.  I know use Dragondoor kettlebells for all of my workouts and my hands have thanked me. 

Below are the top 5 considerations when purchasing a kettlebell:


1. The Finish – if you have ever handled a kettlebell you know that the finish is key to a good grip and getting the most out of our workout.  The Dragondoor kettlebell grip is the best.  I’ve used inferior kettlebells and have had major problems including having the kettlebell slip and having blisters form on the hand faster than normal.

2.  Customer Support – the Dragondoor support is second to none and the team is there to answer any questions/concerns that you have.  I am a stickler for customer service so I appreciate folks that are on top of their game and that is very true for Dragondoo.

3.   Ability to get a FREE lesson with an RKC Instructor – when you purchase a kettlebell thru Dragondoor – you now have the opportunity to get a free lesson with a certified RKC instructor.  What a great program to help kickstart your training.  The RKC instructor is the top of the line of kettlebell instructors so you know when you are working with them you are getting just the top notch instruction.

4.  Safety - did you know that most kettlebells made are made in two pieces (the bell and then the handle are welded together).  This is very unsafe if something ever happens to one of the welds.  With Dragondoor kettlebells, they are created as 1 solid piece so you never have to worry about doing a kettlebell swing and the bowling ball rolling away!

5.  The Finish - The Dragondoor kettlebells have an excellent finish & 5 year warranty on the E-coating.  They look great and have an excellent finish. It is e-coated to prevent rust. This magnetized coating is what they used in ship hulls to prevent rust and damage. Now you can imagine how tough this Dragon Door made Military Grade kettlebell is.

No comments:

Post a Comment